Nuisance: Neighbours' Aviary is Affecting My Mental Health

samedi 30 août 2014

Hi,



A couple of months ago one of the neigbours (the wife) deemed it a good idea to bring home some budgies and put the birds in a previously empty aviary, without asking us if we would mind having these extremely noisy birds next to our terrace.

Since then I have been unable to enjoy our beautiful garden or the view since it has been a non-stop barrage of chirping, squeals and squawks . These birds never, and I mean NEVER seem to shut up.



Long story short: her husband, with whom I have a good relationship promised to put up a noise barrier, (read: flimsy plastic walls) in the aviary, after several reminders he finally put them up. This has helped somewhat but the noise is still there and it has now started to affect my mental health.

The sound is not noticeable with the windows and doors closed but I want to have full enjoyment of my garden.

I have been taking antidepressants (Effexor) for the last 5 years and was just in the process of weaning them off. I went to my psychiatrist several times due to stress caused by the bird noises, he proposed doubling the dose but I want to live medication-free.



Long story short: I am suffering mentally and the enjoyment of my garden has been restricted completely by this matter. Since the wife is not open to conversation or even says hello, I have tried to engage with the husband and set up a meeting to address this issue, asking for removal of the birds.



Since I am not getting any feedback, I am now considering legal action and I am wondering if the inclusion of a medical certificate by my psychiatrist can work in my favour? My fear is that the case can be dismissed should a judge decide my trouble is caused by a pre-existing condition, although this was completely unrelated to the reason why I started to take medication in the fist place.

Thanks for any useful input, I am at my wits end.





Nuisance: Neighbours' Aviary is Affecting My Mental Health

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire