Warranties: How to Demand a Repair or Replacement of a Product

dimanche 31 août 2014

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Rights of the consumer.



So my laptop stopped working on July 22 2014, because my son spilled a liquid over the keyboard. So I decided to call the company TOSHIBA, that sold me the laptop. So they said that they'd do what their best on reparing it, and they'd tell me later if it was gonna cost me money. So I called on July 23 2014 and they came to my house to take it to one of their afilliations, Microma. They apparently took over 11 days just to register the product there and start fixing it. Then, they told me that it would cost me around 130 USD to repair the keyboard, but there was an additional problem with the headphone jack. (I did call them before to tell them about it) and said the headphone jack issue could be repaired for free, and they needed to change the motherboard. So I agreed and after like 7 days they finished fixing it... But wait, when they delivered it to me, some problems:



-The laptop would shut down by itself after 10-20 mins of using it

-The keyboard didn't work AT ALL. You see, before I sent it, the keyboard would type a different letter or number instead of the one it was supposed to type. But this time it simply didn't respond.



Also, as a sidenote, my charger has been a little twisted in one of the tips. But this has been my fault, because I stepped on it once.



Atleast the headphone jack could work. So I decided, again, to call them so they could fix it. This time, they took 2 days to come here and get the laptop, and 1 day to register it. The weird part is that this time they said they could fix my keyboard and energy problem for free, but not the charger. They have been "fixing" it since August 12th 2014. They really haven't done anything. It says that they've been requesting parts of the laptop so they could fix it, but it's been way too much time. In total, it's been 36 days since I first called them. Now, there's a law that says I can demand a change of the contract, so they either replace my laptop with another one, or demand them to give me my money back, which was about 700-800$.



So what I wanted is to you guys tell me how do I approach them via email? How do I make them feel obligated to give me my money back or replace my laptop? Most of the companies nowadays ignore the consumers til they say they're gonna sue them or something. What arguments can be in my defense? What laws are they infringing?





Warranties: How to Demand a Repair or Replacement of a Product

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire