Adoption of Children: Serving Biological Parent

lundi 30 mars 2015

My question involves adoption law for the State of: CA

I am the step parent looking to adopt. We had a hearing a month ago, but the parent was not served. According to the process server, the parent was avoiding service. Now we have about a month until the next hearing. We were told that service was going to be done by certified mail and publication, but I just found out my attorney is planning to get the sheriff involved to serve the parent. My guess it, it is better to do personal service than substitute, but I'm very concerned about getting the police involved and the response it might illicit in the parent. So my question is, is it better to ask the sheriff to try and serve the other parent and risk the reaction it might have or possibly postpone the hearing again if the parent doesn't answer for the cop, or serve through mail/publication? What are the pros/cons in both? IS there any choice between the two if you KNOW where the parent lives, and they are simply not answering the door/coming outside for a process server?





Adoption of Children: Serving Biological Parent

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire