Drunk and Impaired Driving: Arrested for DUI As Passenger

jeudi 26 mars 2015

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Connecticut



So me and a former friend are driving home from a bar and he is driving because he is not as drunk. I fell asleep in the passenger seat and he goes and hits a tree and the air bags go off so i was not hurt. I was shook up for a bit and finally when i figure out what is going on the driver took off with the keys. So i walk down the road calling people on my cell for help and about 10 mins later a cop comes up to me half mile down the road. I tell him that i was not driving and that i don't have the keys and that the driver took off. So i get field test and then arrested. Refused breathalizer at station.



So basically i want to know if i should spend crazy money on this to win. They have no proof i was driving the vehicle, no keys no video of them pulling me over getting out of driver seat and failing. Now how are they going to arrest me for doing the right thing and getting a ride home from someone who said that they were okay to drive? Say the same thing happened a few years down the road now i have 2 dui on record. This is so crazy i just cant believe they could arrest me for this. Its BULLSHIT



So should i spend money for trial or not?



Thanks





Drunk and Impaired Driving: Arrested for DUI As Passenger

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire