Workers Compensation Issues: Reporting to Hr

samedi 28 mars 2015

My question involves workers compensation law for the state of: Texas



A coworker was injured in a car accident on the way to a company sponsored event about 2 years ago. I have been working directly with this individual in the same department for the last 10 months. The individual has complained about medical costs and how they are "crippled" yet are about to walk around and lift heavy objects with few restrictions. This person confided in me that they were suing the company to just pay for medical expenses. However, this person was recently issued a large sum of money through a settlement. They bought a house and car just this week in cash with a value close to $250,000, plus countless other new items. This person is young and single and likely making less than $11/hr and couldn't possibly have this kind of money without this settlement going through.



My question is, can I report this issue to HR for a possible misuse of funds? I really don't want it to be my business and I don't care how one spends their money, but the coworker has been very open to everyone in the office about her spending and "pain" and it raises a lot of credibility issues being that we work in a financial institution where trust and ethics are (or at least should be) held to a higher standard. We don't have worker's compensation, but a variation of it.



Thank you for the replies.





Workers Compensation Issues: Reporting to Hr

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire