Grounds for Eviction: Restraining Order for Eviction

dimanche 29 mars 2015

My question involves an eviction in the state of: California



Hello, I have been living on my grandfather's property for the last three years. He has not been living in the home since June 2014, and is currently living with his son. They told me they wanted me to leave the property and I told them they'd have to go through the eviction process to do it, (I'm considered a month to month tenant although rent hasn't been paid since November because of the landlord's (his son) failure to provide a written rental agreement and I do not trust his son to give the money to his dad, as his actions in the past have been hostile.



Instead of filing an unlawful detainer, I was given an EA-100 (Reported Elder Abuse and restraining order) which they say my failure to comply with the move out has caused severe emotional distress to my grandfather, and I have a court date scheduled for April 9th. I have never physically or verbally assaulted my grandfather, I am not his caretaker, I simply am a tenant in his home. If he is not living in the home can my actions really be seen by a judge as elder abuse and can they legally remove me from the property without cause, (I'm not breaking any laws, I do not contact my grandfather regarding his home once it was requested that all inquiries be handled through his son). Will they have to prove elder abuse or is this document able to remove me from the property? Thank you.





Grounds for Eviction: Restraining Order for Eviction

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire