Federal Taxes: 1099-Misc and Embezzlement

dimanche 29 mars 2015

To make a long story short....

Over 10 years ago, I embezzled money from my employer. A few years later, I received a 1099-Misc for this amount (plus some), which therefore the IRS said I owed back taxes and penalties.

At the time, there was not a judgement with the court for restitution. I was told by the IRS that I would ether need to get my employer to withdraw the 1099-Misc forms, pay back the money (and prove this) or produce a judgement form the courts and I could request a hearing with the IRS.

I have not been able to pay the money back. (not only for financial reasons, but due to there not being a judgement, the court clerk couldn't make me money)

Just this past month (yes, over 10 years later) a judge ordered restitution.



My time to request a hearing with the IRS has long since past.

If there is now a court order for re-payment, shouldn't the employer be required to withdraw the 1099's? How can I get them to to this?



If I can't get them to this, how can I fight this with the IRS since it has been so long. I finally have what they said I needed.



Thanks of any help you can offer!





Federal Taxes: 1099-Misc and Embezzlement

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire