Relocation: Preventive Meassures to Avoid Child Leaving the Country

mardi 31 mars 2015

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Florida / International.



If my situation is more applicable to the Imigration / international law forum please advise and I will relocate.





I will try to be as concise as possible but invariably this might get long.



My girlfriend and I, let's call my GF Princess, are currently expecting our first daughter. We are not married.

I am willing and wanting to take full responsibility as her father.

Princess is a resident allien, aka has a green card. She is originally from Ecuador.

I am a citizen of these U.S. of A.

Princess' father believes Princess would be better off going back to Ecuador with my daughter as soon as she is born. He is luring Princess back to her native country with promises of endless amounts of maids at her disposal to alleviate the arduous tasks of changing diapers etc. Princess will of course not have to work either living with daddy which is not something I can offer her if she were to stay here. She is seriously evaluating this alternative. What yours truly has to say to the matter is of course rather irrelevant to both of them.



It is my understanding that when both parents are U.S. citizens and either separated or never married, that in order to obtain a passport for their child, both parents would need to apply for it. I also understand that one parent can not leave the country with the child without the other parent's consent in the form of a written authorization. I am unsure however, whether Princess could apply for my daughter's Ecuadorian citizenship and passport with the Ecuadorian Embassy. Could she do this without my consent and subsequently leave the country with my daughter as an Ecuadorian citizen? Let's assume potential criminal charges against her if she comes back to the U.S. are irrelevant at this point. For now, I am mainly focused on preventing my daughter's possible departure out of the country with her mother.



What are my options?





Relocation: Preventive Meassures to Avoid Child Leaving the Country

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire