Grandparents and Third Parties: Can Grandparents Keep Children from Seeing Parents and Other Family

samedi 28 mars 2015

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: New York



Hello! I'm in need of advice. A long time ago, my own mother was taken to court and lost custody of her first two children to her ex-husband, who has a large amount of money. Somehow, he was able to get a psychologist to say that he met with my mom (which he never did) and say that she was an alcoholic and abusive, both of which she was not. She lost custody.

Now it is happening again with my nephew. My brother's father (my nephew's grandfather) went to the court without my sister in law or my brother knowing, and somehow got temporary guardianship of my brother's son. They are claiming that my sister in law is on drugs, which a drug test showed that she was not, and are claiming that my brother is neglectful and an alcoholic. Yes, he has a drink from time to time, but not every day and not to the point where he becomes drunk. There is a social worker involved. She sits next to the grandfather and his wife. The social worker shows them all of her notes before she reads them to the judge and they hug before parting ways after each hearing. My sister in law has requested a new social worker but has not gotten one. Now the grandfather has pushed for permanent custody and the judge has ruled to let my sister in law and brother see their 4 year old child only if supervised and only for a couple of hours. My nephew's grandmother (my mother) is being denied any right to see him, as am I. I currently do not live in the same city and I am an educator. I'm not particularly sure why I'm not allowed to see him, nor why my mother cannot see him. Is this a normal situation? Is there any way that I can help so that my sister in law can get her son back? I miss him terribly and would love to see him.





Grandparents and Third Parties: Can Grandparents Keep Children from Seeing Parents and Other Family

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire