Other Violations: Illegal U-Turn in Business District Ticket (VC 22102)

vendredi 27 mars 2015

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California



I was cited for VC 22102 - illegal u-turn in business district. However, when I read about the law, I have a few uncertainty whether I completely did an illegal u-turn or not.



Here is the scenario (as shown in the picture below): I parked my car at the curb of the road. I did a u-turn through an opening from the extreme right-hand edge in the business district, where there are none of no u-turn sign visible in the area to prohibit a U-turn through that opening.





According to VC 22101, no person in a business district shall make a U-turn, except at an intersection, or on a divided highway where an opening has been provided in accordance with Section 21651. From VC 21651, it is unlawful to do either of the following: (2) To make any left, semicircular, or U-turn with the vehicle on the divided highway, except through an opening in the barrier designated and intended by public authorities for the use of vehicles or through a plainly marked opening in the dividing section.



In addition, I found an image from CA DMV handbook that we can u-turn at an designated opening as show below.





Thus, the followings are my questions:

1. Is the opening in my case can be used for u-turn in business district?

2. If yes for question #1, can the judge or the police officer charge me with another illegal action that I did not U-turn on the extreme left-hand under VC 22101 if I challenge the illegal U-turn ticket in court?

3. If yes for question #1, do you advise to fight this citation in court?



Thank you so much in advance for the help!





Other Violations: Illegal U-Turn in Business District Ticket (VC 22102)

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire