Disqualification: Qualifying for Unemployment After Being Terminated for Tardiness

jeudi 26 mars 2015

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Arizona.



I worked for a call center for 3 years and the first year was full-time and the following 2 years were part time for school. I was in a car accident in April of '14 and missed work for doctor visits. I think they accumulated points against me even though I was given doctors notes to miss work.



Fast forward to August of '14 & I found out I am pregnant. I would be tardy or miss work time to time & had been given a few doctors notes to miss work and given a doctors note to take unscheduled breaks to use the restroom. But there were times I was tardy or had just called out due to severe nausea & could not perform my duties as a call center rep. I can also recall twice where I didn't call in because I was throwing up and was so weak I actually fell asleep next to the toilet.



I still have bad morning sickness & take meds for it but it doesn't always help and sometime in Feb I was put on a written warning and told not to miss or be late anymore. I was a tardy a few more times because of school and morning sickness and was told to go home once because I threw up on the call floor/my desk. So the first wednesday of March I was put on a final warning and that following friday I was 5 min late because someone was sitting in my assigned seat and I had to find another seat.



The following Monday I worked my regular 4 hour shift without being late and at the end of my shift they took me to an office and fired me because I was late the past Friday. I was not the only person put on a final but I know two others who were late while on a final for more than an hour & they were not fired but I was for 5 minutes.



I was told I did not qualify for FMLA by a lower level supervisor not our HR department but I read that FMLA is available if you've been with a company for over a year (which I was) or if you've accumulated enough hours. Also I feel they did something that was not right because I know other part time agents who went to school and only had to submit their school schedule once at the beginning of the semester and I did that as well but I was always asked to do it a 2nd time half way thru the semester and I had to print copies of my dad's Visa card receipts that he actually had paid for my school when others never had to show proof school was paid for and this happened for 3 semesters.



Do you think I'd win unemployment?





Disqualification: Qualifying for Unemployment After Being Terminated for Tardiness

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire