Compensation and Overtime: Am I Classified Correctly

dimanche 29 mars 2015

My question involves employment and labor law for the state of: Iowa. My employer is classifying me as an exempt employee. I climb towers and install antennas on them. My work days are m-f and at a minimum 10 hour days sometimes 12 or 14 hours. However, my employer has me on salary and I am only paid for 8 hour work days. So my check shows 40 hours a week. Is my employer classifying me incorrectly so that I do not get paid overtime? If I miss a day of work for any reason I am docked 8 hours of pay. The only reason I would think they are not required to pay overtime is because the company has only been open a year and a half and they only have 9 employees. Can someone please advise me on this.





Compensation and Overtime: Am I Classified Correctly

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire