Criminal Records: Mugshot Removal- Texas Senate Bill 1289

lundi 30 mars 2015

My question involves criminal records for the state of: Texas



I was wrongly arrested for a 2nd degree felony in 2011 that was dismissed within 6 months and now expunged. The local newspaper wrote a sensational and misleading article about the arrest and published my mug shot. I have contacted them multiple times to see if they would take it down and have gotten no responses so I am prepared to take legal action.



I came across Texas senate bill 1289 that "pertains to businesses engaged in the publication of mugshots and other information regarding an individual's involvement in the criminal justice system. The bill is intended for mugshot publishing sites but my question is does anyone know if this bill applies to newspapers too? My thoughts are no because it says that a business entity must "require a payment of fee .....to remove criminal information."



If anyone has any experience in dealing with this sort of thing I would appreciate any advice you have. The link to the bill is posted below.



http://ift.tt/1CoTaqw





Criminal Records: Mugshot Removal- Texas Senate Bill 1289

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire