Consumer Law Issues: Phone Company Won't Honor Warranty, What Are My Options

jeudi 26 mars 2015

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: FL



Hello,

I have a OnePlusOne phone, OnePlus.net is the manufacture.



My phone has not been abused and has not suffered water damage but is displaying defects with the touch screen. When the phone warms up under normal use the touch screen works intermittently.



I consulted the manufacture for a RMA. The manufacture (1+) asked that I first run a software patch on my phone. I had done so, and this did not resolve my matter.



After reporting my results back 1+ asked that I take photos of my phone, as well remove the back cover and take photos of the battery/serial number. I did take very thorough photos of the phone, excluding photos of the battery. I was not able to get the back removed through normal means. I explained to 1+ that I did try but was uncomfortable attempting to remove the back cover on my phone. The back cover on my phone does not have any normal means to remove it such as you would see on a Samsung Galaxy. You can see pictures here: http://ift.tt/1GvzrZx



1+ responded stating that they would not be able to help any further without me first removing the back cover and taking photos. Knowing I was getting no where with this company I tried once more. In doing so I slightly skewed the back casing; nothing serious but enough to be noticed in a photograph. I did record the entire incident as well. Again, I wrote back to 1+ explaining their instructions has caused minor damage to my phone and that I would like to submit for a refund and return their phone entirely.



The company is refusing to help me without first taking pictures of my battery. I cannot seem to remove the back with my fingernails, a debit card, or a very thin flat head screw driver.



I want to file a claim and get my money back. In your opinions, do I have a case? If so, how would I go about following up on this without paying a lawyer? Can I also receive compensation for time loss from work or general inconvenience?



Thanks





Consumer Law Issues: Phone Company Won't Honor Warranty, What Are My Options

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire