Harassment: What is Considered Harassment in Texting

vendredi 27 mars 2015

My question involves criminal law for the state of: California.



Long story short, a former friend of mine got mad when I decided to end our friendship, and she turned several other people against us. In the couple of months since then, I have sent her a total of maybe 4-5 texts (about once a week) kindly asking her to return some stuff she has of mine.



Today I get a call from her that I let go to voicemail. I texted her saying I don't know why she is calling, but unless it's to let me know how I can get my stuff back from her, I didn't want to hear it. I listened to the voicemail then, and she tells me to stop texting her and her fiance from different numbers claiming to be other people (a false accusation), or she will be pressing harassment charges.



Now, I'm fairly certain she can't do anything to me without any proof those other messages came from me, but what is considered "texting harassment", or considered worthy of charges?



This is the text I have sent her:



"We need our Harry Potter movies and the Maia memorial DVD back from you. Let us know when we can get those back, thanks."



Doesn't really sound like harassment to me. I have sent that message 4 times since mid-February.





Would this hold up in court as harassment, or would this get a "just stop contacting her" response?





Harassment: What is Considered Harassment in Texting

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire