Collection Lawsuits: I'm Newly Married and an Old Debt of My Husband's Has Frozen My Account

samedi 29 novembre 2014

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: texas.

I was married Oct 20th this year. Unknown me, my new husband had an old debt where a judgement was issued against him in 2012. Up to this date nothing had happened. On November 17th, my checking account was frozen. The debt he owed I have since found out was for $7446.88. I had a little over $6,600 in my account which was my escrow account for the property taxes and HOA dues. I had added him as a co-signer a little over a week after the wedding. At this point I will not be able to pay my property taxes or home owners association dues. That was my money, not his and to top it off, they didn't touch his account. What can I do?





Collection Lawsuits: I'm Newly Married and an Old Debt of My Husband's Has Frozen My Account

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire