Other Violations: Double Parking to Drop Off a Passenger, VC 22400

lundi 24 novembre 2014

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California



I was dropping my wife off at her nail appointment. No cars behind me, all metered parking spots on curb were taken on a 2 lane street. I stopped on the closest lane towards the curb, turned on my hazard lights, reached in my wallet for cash for the wife :o and she grabbed her bags, etc and got out the car. The whole ordeal took maybe 45 seconds tops.



I noticed a police vehicle in rear view mirror and by the time I was ready to drive off, he turned on the lights. Officer just asked for my license and came back few minutes later and asked me to sign a ticket.



I asked why I was stopped and she mentioned I was impeding traffic on a busy street. I mentioned there was no traffic and I was not in anyone's way. She said I should just sign the ticket and I can appeal in court if I want.



Needless to say, I feel a bit cheated but I guess the law is the law.





Minimum Speed Law



22400. (a) No person shall drive upon a highway at such a slow speed as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic, unless the reduced speed is necessary for safe operation, because of a grade, or in compliance with law.



No person shall bring a vehicle to a complete stop upon a highway so as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic unless the stop is necessary for safe operation or in compliance with law.



I spent a few hours researching how to fight and not sure if it's worth my time. I can hire a traffic lawyer for couple hundred bucks but that's how much the fine is already. Worth fighting or just pay it off and learn my lesson?



I was actually considered trial by declaration option writing there was no traffic at all (I was only car on the road). I did not impede traffic as not one car had to go around my car. (again, no cars at all).



Any suggestions highly appreciated.





Other Violations: Double Parking to Drop Off a Passenger, VC 22400

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire