Debt Collectors: Needed - Teri Loan Promissory Note

mardi 25 novembre 2014

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: Las Vegas



I can't locate my promissory note I signed with TERI and I really need to see what I signed because my account got garnished and I have no idea what my rights are or if I have any options. If someone took Teri after 2005 and can let me see what their fine print says it will give me an idea of what I signed. You can blur your name, signature and any other personal information I just want to see what the options are if you don't graduate and resign from the school without a degree. When the repayment starts, if it's after the graduation date or if you resign the payments start right away.



Recently my joint account with my husband got garnished and was literally wiped out (all his earnings, I don't have a job) because of my pre-marital student loan (TERI) that I took in 2006. I resigned from school in 2007 so I had the loan for a year. I took my name out of the joint account but we live in a community state so I'm being told by lawyers that the debt collectors can do that and because it's a student loan I have no other option but to settle and pay a big amount or make payment plans. Also, that the collectors have judgment against me so now they don't need to prove that I owe the money or not to them or come up with the promissory note I signed. Most of the lawyers lose interest as soon as they hear student loan.



I do have an attorney who is working Pro Bono just for the garnishment hearing but he asked me if he can see the promissory note I signed to determine if it is after its SOL or if he can do anything to help with the entire case. So it would really REALLY help me if someone has their promissory note after 2005 and before they went bankrupt in 2007. I'm asking here because I saw a lot of people asking for help with TERI loan so I was hoping if one of them can help me? I tried to send a private message but because I'm new to this forum that's not an option for me I guess.



Also, if anyone can suggest what my options could be with TERI loan in case I can't get the promissory note? We got the garnishment notice 2 days after being garnished so it was all so sudden. I really need help with this so please if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. The debt collectors who garnished us are also lawyers and very aggressive at that.



Thanks





Debt Collectors: Needed - Teri Loan Promissory Note

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire