Compensation and Overtime: Employer Transferred Without Consent (Non-Payment for Hours Worked)

vendredi 28 novembre 2014

My question involves employment and labor law for the state of: Texas





I am a contractor for a technology firm in Dallas, Texas.



I contract through my agency, and receive payment for hours submitted to them through a third party company. (Who is partnered with the technology firm as a "workforce solution" provider, or payroll entity.



Recently, my company announced to me (On the 24th of November) that all contractors are being contacted and offered the choice to switch to a new PEO partnering with the company, which will offer benefits, PTO, and the like.



However, I was , according to my (previous) temp agency transferred on the 17th of November.

I have neither been sent, nor have I signed ANY paperwork relating to this transfer.

As a result, my payments from my (previous) temp agency stopped as of November 17th.

The (new) temp agency has the money for the week of the 17th- the 23rd, but has not released it to me, as bank/deposit information is to be provided with consent, and again I was never given any paperwork to sign, nor signed any paperwork.



Are there legal actions to be taken in this instance?

I have contacted the new staffing agency, and they have offered to send me my money overnight via direct check.

Please advise, or if further information is required, please let me know.

Thank you.





Compensation and Overtime: Employer Transferred Without Consent (Non-Payment for Hours Worked)

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire