Contracts and Agreements: Dispute Over the Termination of the Independent Contractor Contract

jeudi 16 avril 2015

My question involves independent contractors in the state of New York



Hello, I am based in Europe with an American Independent contractors agreement under NY's law.

The contract has been wrongfully terminated and I am trying to find an easy way out but the company is not.

between holidays and everything else, this has been going on for month now and I am willing to go legal now but I don't really know how to do it.

Can someone help me please.



FYI:

- my contract was a 1-year contract under this terms:

The Contractor’s Engagement shall commence on the date hereof for a twelve month term (12 months) and shall renew automatically for one year terms thereafter. This agreement may be terminated by either party at any time upon three (3) months written notice to the non-terminating party



- before the end of the contract (more than a month before), as they needed to close the entity I signed the contract with they did send me an email to terminate me, negotiating terms for a new agreement and telling me it was just a transition. (actually, they did close it before the end of my contract)



- the day before the one year term, they terminate me under a misconduct pretext (not proved) refusing to pay the 3 month period notice



- I had to work in February as activities were ongoing and expenses were engaged, we had an agreement that I'll be paid for the all month, I sent an email to resume the terms and now they are refuting them (I have a witness that can sustain me)



- now, I have to wait 2 more weeks to go to the next step of negotiation.



- They asked me to sign a release document I am not OK with if I want my money back and by money I don't mean the fix payment but the payment of my expenses (including January).



I am tired of waiting and trying to find a nicely way to end thing when they don't, so now I am ready to ga legal, I think I have a case. How do I proceed, I am in Europe and I know I need a lawyer in NY.



thanks for helping.





Contracts and Agreements: Dispute Over the Termination of the Independent Contractor Contract

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire