Private Sales: Can You Get a Deposit Refunded After Canceling a Purchase

vendredi 17 avril 2015

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: New York

I recently found a engine on Craigslist contacted buyer seemed legit, so he asked for a deposit. He was coming through area later that day so he asked for a deposit he said $500 after meeting him I decided to give him $1000 down with only a verbal agreement. He wanted to keep the injection pump and would knock $200 of total making $800 amount owed. My customer backed out leaving me short on money and without need of engine. Seller contacted me stating he had other people looking to buy engine. I asked for my deposit back he said no he lost the $2000 sale for a $1500 sale. He then said he would refund difference after much debate he now says he sold engine for $1200 and will only return $200 of my deposit. Without any prior discussion of refundable or not he states he is losing money so my deposit garuntees he gets all of his money? I also only have text proving $1000 was exchanged should I go forward or take $200 and lesson learned?





Private Sales: Can You Get a Deposit Refunded After Canceling a Purchase

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire