Termination: Emancipation at 16 Years Old

samedi 18 avril 2015

My question involves guardianship in the State of: Indiana



I understand that there are certain rules for children to be emancipated and I haven't went through my state's specific rules. I turned 16 in March and my mother and I don't see eye-to-eye. I know that emancipation is not a way to try and just avoid issues with family members, but my mother had decided on her own free will to put me in therapy to help with my disputes with my sister and I am now seeing a psychiatrist every three weeks. She claims there is nothing wrong with our family and that I have all these "issues" I have to solve myself. She is trying to put me on medication and I do admit that I have a temper and my psychiatrist thinks I have ADD, but we also come from and military family and my father has been gone for a lot. He is currently in Korea. When he comes home, things are still not better. I do not currently have a job (as I have heard my friend say that I would need to have held one for at least 6 months first) and am supposed to be relocated to Washington state in August. I would be more than willing to find any job I could if it was possible to still be emancipated. I know that my family will not be obligated to support me in any way and that it would be difficult to handle taxes and other things. Living conditions would be established easily though seeing as how the friend I mentioned earlier is turning 20 this summer and has agreed that if this was possible, he'd let me live with him and he does have a stable job. I've known him for years. The purpose of this thread is just for me to find out if it was still possible for me to be emancipated without having a job.





Termination: Emancipation at 16 Years Old

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire