Life Insurance: Fegli Life Insurance Beneficiary Form Lost in Mail

mardi 14 avril 2015

My question involves insurance law for the state of: PA



My grandmother died last month, before she died she decided to change the beneficiary for her life insurance policy with FEGLI. She sent the completed form with next day shipping on Monday March 2nd 2015 and died the night of March 4th. For some reason there was something going on with the post office in which the letter was not in FEGLI's p.o box until the next week. FEGLI mailed me and informed me that I was her beneficiary, I sent back the form they included and then got a letter back stating that they did not receive the policy before she died so it is not valid. I am thinking of contesting this because she made every reasonable effort to get the form to them when she arrived at the hospital and learned she had less than a week to live. Do you think I would have a good case?





Life Insurance: Fegli Life Insurance Beneficiary Form Lost in Mail

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire