Foreclosure: Can a Mortgage Company Accept Redemption Money After the Sheriff's Sale

mardi 14 avril 2015

My question involves a mortgage in the state of: Indiana.I live in Indiana. In 2006 my husband was in a bad wreck and couldn't work for 7 months. So I called my mortgage company they allowed me to skip the payments. Then when he gets back to work they will do a modification. I thought wonderful until they told me they wanted to raise my payments to almost double. I had to agree even though it was going to be impossible. We tried until we couldn't anymore. In 2009 the house went into foreclosure. I tried calling the mortgage company but they kept directing me to call their attorney. But they said No call the mortgage for the balance for reinstatement. I went back and forth on the phone hours a day just trying to get an amount. I was still trying to get an amount the moment they sold my house at sheriff's sale. They sold it back to themselves. I allowed my step father to call the mortgage company and their attorney.



mortgage company's attorney for one last try to see if anything could be done. So the attorney said if I paid them $27,000 they would reinstate. So year went by and they wanted to foreclose again because my husband had some complications. So u went to an attorney he said file chapter 13. At the creditors meeting the IRS was the only one to show up and said I lost the house. So my attorney made a call to the sheriff's office to see who's name was on deed. The mortgage company had it in their name. Well my attorney said they excepted money when they shouldn't have after the sale. In Indiana we have mortgage No redemption. He got excited and said pay me $500 for retainer and ill take this case of illegal action from the mortgage company and their attorney. So a week or so went by and my attorney calls to talk about the





Foreclosure: Can a Mortgage Company Accept Redemption Money After the Sheriff's Sale

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire