Speeding Tickets: Wrong Section of California VC Cited

mercredi 15 avril 2015

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California

I received a speeding ticket on I-5 South in Stockdale 3 weeks ago. Looked up to see a CHP behind me, slowed down (was probably doing about 80 in a 70 zone) to see the lights come on. He pulls me over and says "I was on the other side when you passed me doing 92, so I turned around to come find you and just clocked you at 82." I don't really believe the 92, as I'm driving a 10 year old minivan that can barely hit 80, but I'm too nervous to say anything and I just accept the ticket and sign it and move on.



Looking at it now, the citation is for CA VC 22349(b) -- if I'm not mistaken, is this not for 55mph roads? From what I understand, as I was in a 70mph zone, I should have been cited for 22356(b). I haven't received the actual notice in the mail yet, so I don't know if the ticket was amended, but if not, is this grounds for dismissal?



Additionally, I looked up my citation on the Kern County court payments site and it says I am eligible for traffic school with the extra fee. This sounds great, but elsewhere on the Kern County site it says that speeding above 91mph is not eligible for traffic school. Does this mean the officer was lenient when entering the ticket, or is the Kern County site just telling me that I'm eligible even when I am not?



I guess the last question depends on what my notice says, whenever I finally get that in the mail...





Speeding Tickets: Wrong Section of California VC Cited

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire