Speeding Tickets: >85mph in a 45. 22350 Vc. Any Hope

jeudi 16 avril 2015

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California.



So here is the scenario.

I was pulled over by an Elk Grove police officer at 10pm on a Sunday night. I was driving home with my girlfriend northbound on Elk Grove Florin Road, right after it intersects Sheldon Road. There were no other cars on the road ahead or behind me and being that I was in my "fun" weekend car, I decided to punch it for that last little bit of fun before I get home. This particular stretch of road has no objects or buildings or anything of that sort beside it. It is just empty fields on either side. As I approached the railroad tracks at the intersection of Elk Grove Florin Road and Campbell Road, I caught a glimpse of the parking lights of the officer's vehicle and immediately slowed down. I did not know my exact speed as my speedometer does not read accurately.



He ended up citing me with 22350CV for doing ">85mph" in a 45mph zone. I do not necessarily know what this means. Did he just estimate my speed? What does the ">" mean? He never said anything about clocking me on radar or anything of that sort. Another one of my concerns is that the particular location of where the officer was parked has some rather large, low-hanging trees and a shack/shed of some sort directly south of him. He was in a position where I know for sure that he could not have seen me until I was directly in front of him. A few days later I went to the same spot he was parked in to verify this. I feel like from this location and time at night, without the use of a radar/lidar, there is no way the officer could have made an accurate estimate or reading of my speed.



I cannot remember exactly what was said between us, but upon pulling me over he asked me all sorts of tricky questions almost as if he was trying to get me to admit that I was speeding. I get extremely nervous and tense just being around police officers, and I damn near get panic attacks when I get pulled over. So being the scared, nervous person that I am, I basically admitted that I was speeding. As soon as I did, I remember he asked "So you're saying that you were speeding?" and immediately afterwards gave me the citation to sign, almost as if he was waiting for me fess up. In fact, he never even mentioned how fast I was going. I did not know the speed he cited me for until after I had already signed the electronic screen thing. He handed me the stylus and screen, I didn't know this was the citation as I have never signed anything like it. I always thought it was paper/pen. So hoping for some leniency, I tried to explain to him that I rarely drive that particular car and was simply taking it for a cruise. If the conversation is important, I'm sure my girlfriend remembers a lot better than I do. I can ask her.



So being the young, dumb, financially unstable, struggling college student that I am, is there any hope that I could possibly build a case and have this dismissed or reduced? Any input as to what I should do next or what will be going on is greatly appreciated. I apologize for any lack of information as this is my first time dealing with this sort of situation.





Speeding Tickets: >85mph in a 45. 22350 Vc. Any Hope

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire