Disability and Elder Law Issues: Handicap Parking

vendredi 17 avril 2015

I am handicap. I am in a wheelchair and I have a state issued handicap decal on my truck. Last night I went to a restaurant in downtown Nashville TN. The restaurant has no parking of it's own. People park along the street. Nearby there is a business with a large parking lot with 4 handicap parking spaces. The business was closed by this time and the lot was empty. I parked in one of the handicap parking spaces. When I came out of the restaurant my truck had been booted. I have been told in the past that according to the ADA once a parking spot it designated as a handicap spot it is no longer private property and it becomes public property subject to the ADA. I have been told that a handicap person by law cannot be denied parking in a handicap parking spot regardless of location. Have I been told wrong?





Disability and Elder Law Issues: Handicap Parking

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire