Eviction Notices: Served With Notice to Quit Alleging Damage to Property

mardi 14 avril 2015

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Virginia



I was served a 21/30 Day Notice. Most if not everything that the landlord had his attorney add to the notice was a lie. The landlord claim I made damages to the house although many of the damages were written down during the walk through not 5 days after my tenancy, which was signed by myself and his property manager (who canceled his contract with him). He also claims that I didn't notify him of damages when they occurred, even though I have emails and text messages to prove I did. I sent a response to the attorney, with all my supporting information to prove the landlord is lying. I included evidence that the landlord never even fixed the rat problem that I was having. He attempted, but that didn't fix the problem so I had to put 2 X 4s along the garage door so they couldn't enter anymore (he was notified of that remedy as well). I also told the attorney that I have witnesses that can prove the landlord has been harassing me, he even called the police on my family and me with a baseless claim. Nothing came out of it and the police told him they couldn't enter my home without my permission. I've never missed a rental payment.



My belief is that the landlord is either retaliating, because I requested he didn't come over to the house with out 24 hour notice, even though the lease says "reasonable notice." And I also believe he is attempting to keep my security deposit. He is putting the house on the market. Before I even received the notice, he gave me the go ahead to leave before my lease is up, however, I am only leaving 3 weeks early (I also have written proof of that).



I just want to move out in May at this point peacefully, with no drama...and I want my security deposit. I told his attorney (when I sent a response to the 21/30 Day Notice) that I plan to take this to court along with all documents, witnesses and my attorney if he presses this. All have been quiet, but I'm worried the landlord will still try to keep my security deposit. My question is...if I have to take this to small claims court...what damages could I ask for? Honestly, after all I've been through with the landlord and the property management company, if he decides to keep my security deposit...and I have to go to small claims court, I want to get as much as the law will allow.





Eviction Notices: Served With Notice to Quit Alleging Damage to Property

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire