Seller Disclosure: Regarding What Should Have Been Disclosed

mercredi 15 avril 2015

My question involves real estate located in the State of: South Carolina

I purchased a house last summer. I have since discovered things that I feel should have been disclosed and should have been taken care of. Let me explain. First of all, the inspection revealed issues with the A/C. It was agreed the seller would take care of it. But I found out they had an unlicensed person look at it. I later discovered wires not connected in the thermostat and low freon. He said these are things he took care of but obviously he did not. All my Realtor would do is refer me to the homeowner warranty. When I learned he was unlicensed I did report him but I don't think anything was done.

They were also supposed to take care of some small holes in the vinyl siding. I later learned it was done improperly. Again, the Realtor was of no help. Later, I learned there were issues with both toilets. The house's pressure regulator was bad and caused the seals to leak in the equipment in the toilets. I had to replace everything. And the biggy and the goody is the drainage issues on the property.

The neighborhood is a hilly one with the property behind me quite a bit higher. This causes me a lot of runoff especially since the previous homeowners removed all of the greenery on the hill in the backyard. This was done to help with the runoff in the first place! I have had to have this all redone and also have had to have a French drain installed. We're getting a lot of rain today and the drain works but I still have a lot of water standing everywhere. I think it's an issue that's just not going to go away. It's a good thing I'm on a slab because a crawl space would have been a nightmare. I spoke to someone with the county recently and he told me the way the neighborhood is developed has a lot to do with it. He said that, with this amount of rain, there's not going to be anything you can do.

I feel like this all should have been disclosed. The previous homeowner's had to have known about it. I do remember seeing a pair of rubber boots when I was first looking at the home. I will admit that this and the bare hill in the backyard are things that should have caused me to ask questions. It didn't occur to me that there might be drainage issues. I just didn't think about it. I feel like the Realtor should actually have been the one to mention it. She was familiar with this neighborhood and should have been able to tell just by looking at it.

So, do I have any recourse? I called the attorney that handled the closing and he said he would be unable to help me with it, that I should go to my Realtor with these things. I tried that but she was of zero help. I also contacted the sellers Realtor. She said she would look into it, that she too was unaware of any issues. But she never called back. My further attempts to contact her failed.





Seller Disclosure: Regarding What Should Have Been Disclosed

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire