Moving Out: (California) Renting a Room. Can I Skip 30 Day Notice

mardi 14 avril 2015

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: California



I rent a room in a house. The landlord (who lives here also) has informed me that she will be moving to a new house and vacating the one we currently live in. Because the new house is nicer she has verbally notified me that my rent will be increased by $50 (up from $450)



I have no lease but there is a rental agreement.



What I would like to do is just end my tenancy when she moves to the new house but I don't want her to be able to withhold my security deposit because I failed to give 30 days notice.



But doesn't the fact that she is moving to a new house automatically end my tenancy at this house? There are 15 days or so left until the move she she has not given me any notice of anything, she expects I'm just going to move with her but I don't want to.



Thanks for your help.





Moving Out: (California) Renting a Room. Can I Skip 30 Day Notice

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire