Workers Compensation Issues: Becoming a Plaintiff in Unpaid Overtime Lawsuit (Class Action, Oilfield)

mercredi 15 avril 2015

The Suit is filed in:

United States district court

Western district of Louisiana

Lafayette division



However, I worked in Pennsylvania



Hi all,



I recently got mail from a lawsuit filed against Sch-lumberger (I was an employee for ~18 months). The mail was asking if I was interested in "becoming a party plaintiff" with an attached consent form.



The gist of it is, in the job I worked at least 85 hours a week (often more) and $chlumberger had a pay system by the day. From my understanding the suit claims this is a violation of the Fair Labor Standards Act, a federal law that requires overtime pay to certain employees.



The question I have:



1. I know it is illegal to discriminate against hiring me in the future for participating in this lawsuit BUT, would my professional career be tainted if I signed up?



e.g. Would I be able to work in the oilfield in the future? Another industry? Would the company (my previous employer) still provide me a reference?



2. Is this ethical? I agreed to do the job for what they agreed to pay me for, even though there was no "overtime" after 40 hours? (more of an opinion question obviously)



I have 30 days to respond and I am still undecided on what to do. I got good advice last time I was here. Thoughts?





Workers Compensation Issues: Becoming a Plaintiff in Unpaid Overtime Lawsuit (Class Action, Oilfield)

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire