Warranties: Engine Failure Due to Lack of Oil

dimanche 19 avril 2015

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Pennsylvania



In 2012 my 2008 Honda civic with the r18 4-cyl engine blew up due to lack of oil. It had around 70-80k miles at the time and was under and extended hondacare warranty. Unfortunately, I was young and dumb and did not keep all my service records for doing my own oil changes etc. So, that was a negative against me.



That said it was not my fault I took great care of that car and they said it was bone dry in the crank. That's insane to say I didn't change my oil enough that it ran bone dry. Anyway, I started looking around and noticed in 2013 a class action lawsuit was filed against Honda for this very issue. Albeit, it was on their v6 engines, but the complaints about the 4-cyl models are out there too.



I ended up having the engine repaired at the dealer for around 5k if I recall correctly and traded it on a new car because I no longer trusted it. Hondacare flat out refused me saying I failed to maintain the vehicle.



Have I missed my window of opportunity to open a lawsuit? Would it be worth my time and money to pursue this issue? If my chances aren't good I'll just let it go, but man that burns me up that they took me like that. The service manager at the dealer even stated that my engine looked brand new inside !





Warranties: Engine Failure Due to Lack of Oil

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire