Medical Issues: Maybe Fired for Doctor Appointment

samedi 18 avril 2015

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Ohio



I'm very concerned I could lose my job. A few days ago I asked my boss for next Tuesday off for a dr appointment. I have vacation days available. He asked "what for?" I told him I need help with depression and alcoholism. I now realize i shouldn't have told him that. Near the end of the day he asked me to clock out and come to his office. Then he told me I had to call a phone number he gave me and make an appointment with an assessor, who will decide if I'm capable of doing my job since I admitted to having those problems. He used the phrase "self-admitted". I've worked there 14 years and passed every random drug test. Have had nothing but good evaluations and raises. I'm not even sure I have depression, but I suspect I might. I drink too much but mostly on weekends.



Now I'm afraid I'll lose my job because i told the truth. so I have an appointment for Monday to see the assessor but I have no idea what to expect or if they have already decided to fire me. I can't go back to work without this person's say-so.



Are they allowed to do this just because I have a dr appointment?





Medical Issues: Maybe Fired for Doctor Appointment

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire