Driver's License Applications: Getting a Driver's License Based on a Foreign License Without Taking Road Tests

mardi 14 avril 2015

Hi



I am a German citizen with a German drivers licenses. I got married to an American and am now living in NYC with my green card. I have not applied for a NYC driver’s license because NY State wants me to take all the tests.

My wife is from Washington State and we actually own a house there. Washington State allows to simply exchange a German license to a WA state one.

Can I just go to the DMV in WA State and have my German license exchange for a WA license? We live in NYC but all our financial records and billing addresses are in WA State.

Once I have a WA license can I exchange it for a NY State license?

It seems like a lot of work for something simple but it would avoid taking all the tests and driving practice in NY – in particular because we don’t own a car here which means I would need to rent one from a driving school.



Thanks for any help – it’s much appreciated.





Driver's License Applications: Getting a Driver's License Based on a Foreign License Without Taking Road Tests

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire