Abandoned Property: Former Girlfriend Abandoned Motorcycle at Our Apartment

samedi 27 septembre 2014

My question involves personal property located in the State of: California



Hi we could use some advice. My boyfriend's former girlfriend moved out of his rental apartment over a year and a half but left her motorcycle. I now live with him and we have asked her more than a dozen times to come and get her bike. It needed a new battery and she said she could not afford it. In order to just get it out of our way, we changed the battery and asked her once again to pick it up. Surprise surprise it is still here.



She has the title in her name but I want to know what we can do to get it out of our space. She is currently living 2 hours away. We have considered taking it and leaving it at her parent's home that is just a few miles away but she is a 41 year old woman and I would hate to burden them with her property. My boyfriend would love to take over the title, fix and sell the bike. His ex would never agree to this.



What are the laws on abandoned vehicles/motorcycles in California? At the time of abandonment, it was not running. Thanks in advance. This whole situation is driving me nuts!





Abandoned Property: Former Girlfriend Abandoned Motorcycle at Our Apartment

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire