Modification of Support: Paying Child Support for Children in State Care

vendredi 26 septembre 2014

My question involves child support in the State of: Missouri



I'm the divorced father of three boys, ages 17, 17 and 15. The 17 year-old twins have autism and have been placed in group homes and have a Comprehensive waiver through the State. Both are on Medicaid. My ex-wife and I have joint custody of all three boys. I have continued to pay her child support for all three boys, despite the fact that my youngest is the only one living with her. She represented to me that the twin boys' portion of support would be paid to the State of MO to offset their monthly SSA disability benefit. This has not been done. She has not made these payments. Apparently, the State has made no attempt to collect their portions of child support.



I'd like to seek a modification and pay support for my youngest son only, with an agreement that to the extent my twin boys have any expenses (medical, clothing, recreational) be shared equitably between my ex-wife and myself. How likely would a Court order that I continue to pay child support for 3 boys, when only one lives with her?



Considering filing a modification, but want to proceed with caution for a number of reasons.



Thanks.





Modification of Support: Paying Child Support for Children in State Care

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire