Unemployment Benefits: I Believe I Will Be Fired Soon. Will I Be Elgible for Unemployment

jeudi 25 septembre 2014

My question involves unemployment benefits for the state of: New Jersey



Hi. Here is my situation. I work in New Jersey. For the last 10 months, I have been a Senior Accountant at a mid sized distribution company. Before that, I was a Staff Accountant at a Fortune 500 company for 4 years. I am really having problems at my position now. I feel I am really in over my head. Let me be clear. I was totally honest about my skill set when I was hired. I even made sure my boss knew when she extended me the offer that I didn't have much month end close experience.



My boss has had many conversations with me about my performance. Up until about three weeks ago, all of the discussions were verbal. Then, three weeks ago, I was written up. The write up said, "There are a lot of functions of his position he isn't absorbing." She checked off "substandard work" in the reason for the write up. I didn't argue with her and signed the write up. Then the week after that, my boss called me into the Sr VP's office and put me on a 30 day PIP.



I can see this job isn't working out. I think everyone makes a bad career move at some point in his/her life. I believe this is it for me. If I am terminated, do you think I will have trouble collecting unemployment? I have been trying to do the job to the best of my ability. I don't know how they deal with unemployment claims. My company is owned by a much larger company and the HR director works out of the parent company's office in NYC. I have never even met her. I guess the form would go to her. This seems to me like poor performance. It would be one thing if I started out doing a good job and then my performance went downhill, but I struggled from the very beginning. Does this seem like it can be considered misconduct?





Unemployment Benefits: I Believe I Will Be Fired Soon. Will I Be Elgible for Unemployment

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire