Towing: Towed from Private Lot with No Signs

dimanche 28 septembre 2014

My question involves a traffic citation from the state of: Minnesota



Well, it's not actually a traffic citation. I parked in a friend's apartment lot and got towed. The only signs were one as you entered saying "Whatever Apartments Parking Only", and two signs indicating where the "visitor" parking was, but these were in the far back corner of the lot, and the one closest to the front was basically invisible because a tree was covering most of it and it was dark. It was bad enough that I took a picture. Essentially, I would have had to drive to the far back corner of the lot to even have a chance of seeing them, and it took me 3 tries to find the one hidden by the tree afterward. The only indication that permits were required were papers posted in the lobby of the building, which I obviously didn't see. (The icing on the cake is that it didn't even list the right towing company!)



As far as I can tell, the rules on this depend on the city, and St. Louis Park seems to have no rules on this. Other cities have rules about notices that cars will be towed though, and it seems unfair to me. I've got an impeccable driving record, no tickets, haven't even been pulled over. I would have done the right thing, but I feel like I wasn't given the chance to. Of course, now they have my money, but is there any chance of recovery for me? Small claims court or something?





Towing: Towed from Private Lot with No Signs

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire