Enforcing Custody Orders: Mother is Not Going to Let My Kids Visit This Weekend. Not Sure What to Do

mardi 23 septembre 2014

My question involves a child custody case from the State of:CA



There is a very clear child custody/visitation order in place for visitation. I have a scheduled visit this weekend. Against my preferences (and the order) my ex often changes the dates of visitation. I've thought about raising the issue before, but she usually gives me ample notice and a make-up schedule. Not this time...



I was talking to my kids and they mentioned they were not going to come visit this weekend. This was a big surprise to me. After my kids chatted I texted their mom and she said the kids have an extracurricular activity she wants to take them to... I was upset that she hadn't let me know sooner and said I wasn't going to deviate from the order this time and she can drop them off on Friday like required. I also offered to take the kids to their activity. She refused and wouldn't discuss the matter further.



I've never had to try and enforce the order, part of me doesn't want the trouble, but I'm sick of her always changing the schedule and this time she didn't give me any notice. I've read that I can call the police, but will they contact her preemptively? The issue is that they are a few hours away and if the police have to wait until she's violated the order to make her bring the kids it will be very late. Also, which department do I contact, my local police or her local police? What will they actually do?





Enforcing Custody Orders: Mother is Not Going to Let My Kids Visit This Weekend. Not Sure What to Do

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire