Suspension and Revocation: Driving While Suspended Without Any Knowledge

lundi 29 septembre 2014

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: Maryland

So I was put on probation until I was 21 by a judge when i was 17 for speeding. Next offense, I was new to the area in my college town and then drove down a one way street.( only one short block of the whole road was one way, so it could be confusing) I received a PBJ for that offense. Consequently, my license was suspended for one month. I received the suspension notice and ceased driving for a month. About 7 months after the suspension was lifted i was caught speeding again. (i have now learned my lesson about speeding.) I was then suspended from driving for 180 days. About a year after the suspension was lifted the cop said i "failed to obey the yield sign" and gave me a warning. But in the process of giving me a warning he said my license was suspended. He ended up giving me a notice to appear. The next morning i went to the MVA and they said in order for my suspension to start i have to either turn in my license or say it was lost. Also, they said it has been suspended ever since i didnt turn in my license after the first suspension. So, i have to serve another 210 days of suspension. I had no knowledge of ever having to turn in my license in order for the suspension to start. I'm a senior who is majoring in criminal justice and political science, so i have some understanding of the law and would never have driven on a suspended license. My question lies here; what are my options in pleading? Is there some type of mercy i should ask the judge for? I would rather not like to have a charge like this a entering the law enforcement field may be a bit hard after this conviction. I have technically already practiced my suspensions but the MVA says otherwise because i didnt understand the documentation and didnt turn in my license. Also, what helped reinforce the idea that i didnt have to turn in my license or anything was the fact that the state trooper didnt arrest me or even mention that my license was suspended. Thank you for reading. Any information would be helpful.





Suspension and Revocation: Driving While Suspended Without Any Knowledge

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire