Repair and Maintenance: Want Out of Lease

samedi 27 septembre 2014

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: California.

I moved into this senior apartment in June of this year. the lease has an buy out option by paying an additional months rents at the time of I give notice.



I moved here with the intention of completing the lease, but the apartment had several problems which were fixed in a months time. But, later I noticed there was an infestation (I don't have pets)...which got to the point of fleas all over furniture, in clothes, not to mention being bitten everyday etc. I did contact the management, but decided to try a natural treatment because I am sensitive to harsh chemicals. I have osteoporosis, so this moving furniture to spray and vacuum several times has been physically taxing. after washing everything that was in my dresser I now have to keep things in plastic bags. My conservative method of getting rid of the fleas was too slow, so I had to invest in a stronger toxic spray which caused sore throat and headache. I asked them if they had treated the unit if the prior tenant had a pet. They said they do a pest scan and if needed they would treat the carpet. Not very convincing to me. Also over a month ago it rained and water was dripping from the ceiling onto the carpet. recently I was told they are still getting bids for that. I am wondering if i still need to buy out the lease to get out and away from this bug problem. Of course, they can have offered pet control to come out, but i feel i should not have even encountered this. and again it is very physically demanding. Thank you





Repair and Maintenance: Want Out of Lease

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire