Emancipation: Will It Be Allowed

jeudi 25 septembre 2014

My question involves juvenile law in the State of: Florida. I turned 16 in June and would like to know if i would be granted emancipation. I have great grades in school and am currently taking campus and online courses. I am a Junior. I am self supporting. I pay for my own class fees, my own food, and whatever else i feel i really need. My dad recently took $300 from me because he believes i stole something of his. When i try to defend myself he yells at me to shut the **** up. He started taking random things from me such as a good percentage of my clothes and said he will start selling my things until he gets what's his. Problem is, i don't have it. When i was 15 years old he shoved me into the back of a couch and caused long term damage to my ribs on my right side. He and my mother are always threatening me with things such as, " I'm going to knock your teeth in.", " I'm going to knock you out." and most recently " you don't even want to know what i'm going to do to you." My father has called me a whore, a skank, a slut, and a bitch. My mom says my stupidity amazes her even though i make amazing grades. The money my dad took was my savings money for my first place to stay. A friend of mine was concerned for me due to my past depression problems and reported to DCF telling the social worker what my parents do to me. In April of this year my father belted me to the point of me having whips and bruises plus a bruise on my arm where he was pulling on me to get me off the floor to continue hitting me. The social worker said she couldn't do anything. After finding out i wanted an emancipation my parents said they were going to either send me to a foster home or a children's home. He tells me a lot that he can't wait for me to get out when I'm 18. If i show I'm upset about something I'm told to fix my face because nobody should have to deal with my problems. If i mess up anything even in the slightest way my father yells and says i'm going to be a failure. My family has shown agression towards me too. My uncle said he was going to drag me off the couch and beat my ass. My parents always act like their the victims and I do them wrong in every way. They still bring up the fact that i slept with my boyfriend months ago and act like it's still happening. They turn everything into that and nothing i do is ever good enough for them. I have a place set up to stay where i will be paying rent, my grades are great. All A's only 2 B's. I have my budget planned out already and i have 2 jobs in line that were already offered to me but my parents wouldn't allow me to work. They keep telling me the court won't help me but i'd like anothers opinion. They buy a lot for me but most of the stuff they buy i don't ask for. Then they say I'm ungrateful because i have everything but i want to leave. The only thing they do now is but me things. They're not there for me when they need to be emotionally. I believe it is on my best interest to be on my own. Will the court allow this?





Emancipation: Will It Be Allowed

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire