Fences and Walls: Nearby Development Built a Fence on My Property, I Would Like to Tear It Down

mardi 30 septembre 2014

My question involves real estate located in the State of: Virginia



I recently purchased a house on a corner lot. The road to the side of the house leads to a development. We recently discovered that the fence on that side of the house was built by the development (when they showed up on our lawn to paint it) upon verbal agreement with the previous owners. There is no easement or contract or other written agreement, and we were planning on tearing the fence down this weekend to build a privacy fence.



The maintenance crew were adamant that we couldn't do that, but refused to give us the contact information of the development president. They said he would contact us, but that hasn't happened. We attempted to get legal advice from the lawyer that performed (and insured) our title search, but he is on vacation this week. What are the potential legal consequences if we tear the fence down this weekend?





Fences and Walls: Nearby Development Built a Fence on My Property, I Would Like to Tear It Down

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire