Service and Repair: Fraud and Forgery

vendredi 26 septembre 2014

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: nevada called an auto repair place for a free estimate,and was told they could help me out with the problem i was having with my power steering (loosing fluid )car never had signs of leaking fluid.took it in for the estimate,upon arriving i was directed the the service manager and he put the car on the rack and called me in to check for the leak ( there was none ) he told me that they were going to replace the rack and pinion,and started filling out the estimate.as he was filling out the estimate, i had noticed that there were other things listed that to me didn't have any thing to do with the rack and pinion and he assured me that the other things listed were things he wasn't going to charge me for ,we only list them for future reference that they can keep on eye on when you return for other service work,but i tell him that i cant leave the car because i have people com

ing in the next day from out of town and need the car,he says; no problem we'll take your over to enterprise rent a car and they give you the car and we will reimburse you when you return it ,so he sends me in to pay for the repairs and the women in the office tells me i have to pay first before service is rendered,i thought that was weird ,but i payed with my credit card knowing if there was a problem that my credit insurance would back me up,so the next day i return the rental car and the women there tells me i have to pay and settle that with the auto repair shop,so i paid with my credit card ,and called the auto repair shop to pick me up,when i returned to the auto shop the manager tells me the car is ready and i asked him about the car rental and he says no our policy does not cover any car rental fees.one week later and my car is still using fluid,i take it back,they put the car on the lift and tell me the car isn't leaking and that they cant fix it if it doesn't leak,so i drive away after them filling the unit,the following week i'm back at the shop and there filling it again and telling me that they also change the power steering pump,and filling it up again( mind you the service manager is not there,i asked where is the service manager that i was working with,oh he doesn't work here anymore he had two heart attacks and ain't coming back)so 3 more trips with the checking and telling me that they can't do anything if it does not leak , i decided right then after leaving there i took my car to the dealer,they check the car out and send the power steering fluid wasn't the recommended fluid approved by gm so that burned up the seals in the pump and was sending the fluid to the motor,he also stated that if i kept driving the car that way,. that i would have seized the motor.so i couldn't come to a settlement with these people so i cancelled payment.within 3 weeks i get a letter from my credit card stating that they sent the money back to the auto place because i signed the agreement to have the work done.i also received copies from my credit card showing the info the auto place sent in,and they signed my name to the estimate,amy copy does not have my signature on it ,and i never ever sign my name the way they have it,so i them a certified letter and it was returned refused,notified bbb and they sent them a letter, and that they didn't respond,sent a letter to the attorney generals office and they tell me that they cant help me,notified channel 13 and they told me to fill out forms for the dmv and the dmv would take car of it,haven't received anything more to date any help would be appreciated





Service and Repair: Fraud and Forgery

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire