Child Neglect: Can I Be Charged with Neglect

mardi 30 septembre 2014

My question involves child abuse or neglect in the State of: Kentucky

I need to know if I can be charged with anything. I work at a children's home in Kentucky. My coworker was standing in a kids doorway because the kid had just recently tried to run from a therapist. The coworker stepped away and asked me to stand there. While I was there the kid asked if he could come out. I told him we were getting ready to leave to go to group therapy in 10 minutes so he needed to wait until then. The kid cracked his door and went and laid down on his bed and began reading a book. Another kid in the apartment needed my help about 3 or 4 minutes later and since the kid was calm and laying on bed with door cracked I stepped away and helped the other kid. The apartment was hectic and it was time to line up for group therapy. We yelled everybody lineup. The apartment was leaving for group and was split up into two groups. We walked out into the hallway with the kids and split the kids into the two groups that was on the group paper. The kid that was in his room was not on the list but we did not notice it. We walked downstairs to group. My coworker asked me when we got downstairs if the kid that was in room lined up because we realized he wasn't on the paper. I said no, so my coworker ran up stairs to get the kid. This was about 5 minutes later. I stayed with group because one of us had to. The kid was not there. My coworker texted me saying he was not there and she was going to look throughout the building for him with another coworker. The supervisor was called to let them know a child had ran. We took all precautions that we were supposed to when a child runs. My coworkers searched throughout the building and even drove up and down the street to look for him. The supervisor called the cops, since the kid was gone more than 15 minutes. The cops ended up finding him and bringing him back about 2 hours later. Now cps is investigating me, since I was the last one at his door. I have to meet with cps in two days. I'm wondering if I can be charged with anything?





Child Neglect: Can I Be Charged with Neglect

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire