Enforcement of Judgments: Impact of Bench Warrant for Support Payment on 1. Entering Us 2. Appearing for Trial

jeudi 25 septembre 2014

My question involves a marriage in the state of: New Jersey

I am unable to pay pendente lite support. The judge is about to issue a bench warrant. 'am considering filing an appeal and am trying to figure out the impact of the warrant.



I don't live in the US but will need to appear in person before the same judge for trial. My specific concerns are,



Will I be barred from entering the US?

Will I be prevented from participating in the trial? e.g. if I am arrested on arrival at the court. I don't have the money to pay support arrears and get out of jail.



The trial part is relatively winnable because the pendente lite support was obtained fraudulently. I have the requisite proof that the court will not consider till trial.



I have a good divorce attorney but this person suggested I contact an immigration attorney for the first question. I have the attorney's opinion for the second part but it's clear that its only an argument to present to the court.



Any inputs are greatly appreciated.





Enforcement of Judgments: Impact of Bench Warrant for Support Payment on 1. Entering Us 2. Appearing for Trial

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire