Retail Fraud / Shoplifting: Shop Asking Me to Pay or Face Arrest

mercredi 24 septembre 2014

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Texas

I am 18 and i landed in a big heap of trouble few weeks back. I am caught for allegedly shoplifting sometime back. The charge was for allegedly stealing things worth $200. Predictably the cops came and was booked into jail and stayed there for 5 days. I was charged with Misdemeanor 1 petty theft. Luckily one of my uncles hired a criminal law firm who fought my case and helped me to clear the charges.

But then last week I got a letter from a lawyer asking me to pay $200 to the shop from where I allegedly stole. He is threatening to sue me otherwise. I took the letter to a cop and he said not to pay this and to ignore the notice. But I am still scared, can they sue me for not paying the money?





Retail Fraud / Shoplifting: Shop Asking Me to Pay or Face Arrest

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire