Judgment Liens: Lien on My Checking Account

lundi 29 septembre 2014

My question involves judgment recovery in the State of: New York



I'm facing a huge issue, more then 13 years ago my sister had a credit card, and I had an additional credit card in my name, recently my checking account was put on hold. I called the debt collectors Friday, and I was told since I had an additional card, I'm also responsible for the amount owe.





Few questions:



-- Can the debt collector go after an account that's passed its statute of limitations?

-- I'm worried she might have Re-aged the debt over the phone in August, comes Sept they took a judgment in my name, because she has no money.

-- If my sister did in-fact re-age the debt, me as an additional credit card holder also fall under the re-age progress?



Any advice



- - - Updated - - -



Just an FYI, when I spoke to the debt collector I did not admit it was my account, I told them the amount that's due is a mistake, and I told them I have no clue who the account holder is.





Judgment Liens: Lien on My Checking Account

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire