Arrest Procedure: Surveillance Camera Pointed at My Back Yard, Privacy/Stalking, Washington State

mercredi 31 décembre 2014

My question involves criminal law for the state of: WASHINGTON (city of Kenmore)



My neighbor, who has mental issues (he is on meds, under treatment etc), has taken it upon himself to install a video surveillance system. I am okay with this in general. He wants to monitor his private property, fine with me. My beef is there are several cameras, one of which in no uncertain terms is pointed at MY private back yard. Meaning everything I do on my own property could/will be recorded.



We live in a town home community, so there are no fences between the individually owned property adjacent to our units. But legally in no uncertain terms each of us owns property extending from the back of our units out approximately 15 yards.



Talking to him about the intrusive camera is not an option. He considers me (and a few others in the community) his enemies, based on manufactured incidents of being offended, disrespected, etc. He has accused several of us over time of trespassing on his property. Also we have landscapers who mow grass, trim trees/shrubs, blow away leaves, etc (part of our hoa dues). Sometimes they prune aggressively, or with their leave blowers do minor damage to items people might leave on their decks or deck railings. When this has happened, he has screamed profanities at various in the community, saying we must have come over and chopped his trees and damaged his stuff because we don't like him (we don't like him, true, but in general are not vengeful people - as far as I know). The police have been called a couple of times - they are unwilling to do anything unless he actually issues a threat (I think he knows this).



What I am wondering is, what can I expect the police to do, if I call them about the camera which is violating my privacy, and could be part of a pattern of stalking? If the police are just gonna say they don't enforce such things, sorry bub, go hire a lawyer and go to court, I might as well not call them. I don't want to be on record complaining about him (more than the one time I called about the profanity shouting), and then if something does indeed happen (as I said, many do not like him), I'm on the list of suspects.





Arrest Procedure: Surveillance Camera Pointed at My Back Yard, Privacy/Stalking, Washington State

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire