Custody and Visitation Issues: Split Custody Ncp Doesn't Exercise Visitation Rights

lundi 22 décembre 2014

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Oklahoma



I'll try to keep this as short as possible! Following my divorce I originally had joint custody of my 3 children with me as the primary custodian. When child support was going to be increased my ex filed for custody of 2 of our 3 children and claimed our oldest child was not his. A guardian ad litem was appointed and recommended my son, age 10, live with his father due to it was what my son wanted, the judge complied. She also recommended that because of the close nature of my children's relationship they spend as much time together as possible. Since the divorce the father has been verbally and emotionally abusive toward our 16 yr old, blaming her for the divorce and excluding her from family functions causing her to not visit him, even though I encourage her to. For the past 2 years, he has made no effort to visit her and made very little effort to visit our 13 yr old daughter. In fact, he has not enforced his visitation at all with our daughters for the past year. I exercise my visitation with my son and have had to file actions against him for not allowing them sometimes. My children no longer have the close relationship they once did, and since living with his father, my son has developed some negative behavioral issues such as stealing and fighting. My questions now are: Can the father be charged with abandonment and neglect for not providing physical and emotional support? And would the fathers lack of fostering a continuing relationship between myself and his siblings qualify as a change in circumstance to warrant filing for a change in custody?





Custody and Visitation Issues: Split Custody Ncp Doesn't Exercise Visitation Rights

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire